Becoming with Abigail Radebe (Part 1; Being Me!)

What a year! I'm still trying to recover from it, I'm also still trying to get used to the "new normal". The initial plan was to conquer the year with all my plans, ideas and "new year's resolutions" however that didn't happen because of the pandemic.

Many people have always asked, how do you do it? How do you maintain such a positive attitude and keep your head up even when things don't look so promising? How do you maintain your social life alongside your career life? Relationship wise?, how do you keep that maintained? Wow! well all these questions bounce back to the kind of person I am. I love order, I love being in control (I'm not saying I'm God neither am I saying I want to do God's work in my life No!) I just like knowing what's happening in my life, I want to know how to solve things that need to be solved, I want to also have some sort of schedule that tells me where I'm headed in the next season of my life, in a nutshell I just want an organized controllable life (even though I can't control everything).

The previous year was a rollercoaster ride, I wasn't ready for it, I wasn't prepared for it. Half of the time I couldn't even control the smallest of things, I felt out of place almost the entire year. 

The country was facing so many pandemics, from GBV to Covid-19 to us having an unstable, inconstant economy. I felt like my life was a pandemic on it's own. Every single year I come up with a theme for the year based on how I celebrate my birthday. It's weird, it's crazy and I sometimes don't understand it myself.

My birthday has always been a big deal to me because I'm born 5 days into a new year, most people are still alert, energetic and ready to conquer the world and I guess that's why I'm always alert, energetic and ready to conquer the world. 5th of January 2020 I was in my room preparing my sermon to go preach at church, at the same time I was packing appreciation packages to go donate to girls that come from disadvantaged backgrounds, so I didn't really have time for myself nor even process celebrating my birthday. That's how I didn't even come up with a theme for the year, I just went with the flow from the beginning of the year till the end.
Going with the flow felt so dangerous and inconstant for me, that's where I started feeling like I'm actually not in control of what's happening, however the flow wasn't all bad I got to start so many projects that are doing really well, I also got to meet people that brought me so much growth in my life mostly career-wise.

It's a brand new year and again I'm alert, energetic and ready to conquer the world. This year I have a theme, I have a few things I'm doing and yes I'm actually Becoming Abigail Radebe! 
Being me is exciting, it's breathe taking, It's challenging and most importantly it's heart warming. Abigail Radebe is career driven, ambitious, self motivated, courageous and God driven young woman that brings love and light to everything she touches. 2021 is a golden year, filled with elegance, subtlety and all amazing things.

I'm hoping that this year brings financial growth, prosperity and all the desires of your heart and I pray you don't lose yourself trying to maintain a side hustle. It's going to be a golden year you just need to believe it and start acting on it.

Happy Happy New Year! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?