Relationship Anxiety; Part 2

The struggle of learning another person's love language is still a challenge when it comes to millennials. Dating a broken guy whiles I'm broken myself brings so much anxiety. I question every move I make, every word I say and everything I suggest; am I doing too much? am I doing too little? am I caring too much? (Is there such) anyway I'm just anxious being with this human being and I'm just curious if what I want is what he wants.

The problem is not the relationship or the duration of the relationship but the two individuals who are anxious, doubtful and worried if they are about to reach destiny world (ideal partner) or doubt world (trial and error). My struggle isn't being in a relationship but how I act when I'm in a relationship. I tend to forget that it requires commitment, which is something we need to practice every day, we need to learn to recommit every single day no matter how tiring or frustrating our partner is.

The bible says love is kind, love is patient but how many times are we actually patient and kind towards our partners? How many times do we actually look past their mistakes? Well actually we don't because we are quick to comment, reprimand, correct and shout but we are slow to self correcting, self questioning and self commenting.
My current partner is everything I want in a guy. He is a trail blazer, he is career driven, a go getter, ambitious and determined to reach all his goals now that's attractive! He has taken me by storm honestly but my anxiety is clouding my judgement, what I do and how I respond to arguments and general conversations I have with him. I still feel I would be ok being alone yet again I need him to be around, all of this is caused by my past experiences which has affected my commitment level. I say I'm committed but half of the time I act single.
Until we learn the basics of commitment, self reprimanding, letting go of past experiences and self doubt we will continue having relationship anxiety. How you did your previous relationship shouldn't be how you do the present. Every person is different, every person is broken in their own way so how you handle broken items shouldn't be the same way.

Comments

  1. Good article... But I feel your not elaborating more on what it that people should leave behind from past relationships....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?