Becoming with Abigail Radebe; Diary Entry

God has been good to me! I think that's the best way to explain the past season. It's been a rollercoaster ride, half of the time I wasn't sure of what I'm doing and the other half I was just going with the flow. The past 7 months sum up an entire season that has somehow come to an end (it's ending because it's time for a new season) in this season I've learned so much, I've grown so much and I've experienced so much. One of the toughest seasons I didn't even realize I was learning because I was busy trying to achieve things I set out to achieve.

Every year on my birthday I do my birthday campaign then I come back and spend time with myself to somehow come up with a theme for the year that I'm going to follow (align myself with) and this year I came up with 'gracefully gracing' I felt like everything I do this year needs to be done gracefully so with God gracing me with his grace. 2 months into the year I'm splashed with a few things I wrote on my vision board. Never in my wildest dreams did I think my vision board would come to life so soon.

Again I'm still gracefully gracing the year but because God is God, his a good good father, have been and always will be he revealed his own theme. I remember having quiet time and hearing the Holy Spirit say to me the scriptures you wrote on your vision board are the ones that are going to manifest in your life have faith and trust in the process.

God's timing! I've always said his timing is perfect never early or late just on time. I wrote so many things on my vision board (I'm just naturally ambitious) one of the things that stand out for me are the words that I wrote; Impact, Leadership and Intentionality (just to mention a few) I didn't think I would find myself in a position where these words actually manifest and come to life. I'm a sucker for impacting lives I mean I'm a social entrepreneur after all. 

After being voted to be president, junior board member and all the other amazing leadership positions I was still up for other positions. My colleague came to me and said 'Dimakatso I have never led anything in my life before and so can you please help me in this leadership thing' my mind froze as I didn't know what to say to her. Here I was being called to come lead the netball team (I mean I can coach it however I can't lead everything) God's timing! I couldn't say no to the position because when God calls you to lead you accept and you represent the kingdom well. Deep down God knew I couldn't lead everything so on the day of me having to coach the team I was sick I couldn't even walk but my colleague the very same one that asked me to help her lead was asked to assist me since I couldn't make it. 2 days later she is the new coach for the netball team (I'm so happy for her because I have never met such a resilient leader)

Now the impact I have over her is to remind her that she can do it and that she must trust the process. Like I said it's been a rollercoaster ride and half of the time I wasn't aware I was learning, I wasn't aware that I'm impacting those around me.

The season coming to an end warms my heart and brings some sort of anxiety however I keep still because that's what God constantly reminds me to do. 
Psalms 46:10 Be still and know that I am God all nations bow before me
Jeremiah 29:11 The plans I have for you are to prosper you and not make you fail

As I set out and await the next season, I pray for continual growth, impact and Intentionality. I pray I continue trusting in the process and in God's timing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?