Rebuilding Our Relationship With God

C.S. Lewis once said, "You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending." How does our relationship with God grow when we stumble? According to Proverbs 3:5-6 (NKJV), "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." As this scripture says, we are to trust in the Lord with everything we have, acknowledging who He is. When we stumble in our relationship with God and acknowledge our transgression against Him, He picks us up again and starts anew, like a child learning to ride a bike. As heirs of God through Jesus Christ, we are called to be set apart from the world around us and renew our minds. Just like any other human being with mistakes you are probably reading this wondering how I am going to do that whiles I have so much sin weighing around me and me having pushed God so far away, what am I to do now? Well I have put together a few things you can start practicing that will help you in finding your feet and in finding ways to reconnect to God.
## Lessons for Rebuilding Our Relationship with God ### 1. Learning to Humble Myself before God James 4:10 (NKJV) says, "Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up." Learning to humble myself before God is not an easy task because of my own desire to do what I please. I've noticed how this affects my understanding of God and my relationship with Him. However, through an understanding of what it means to be humble, I learned to rebuild my relationship with God by trusting Him and humbling myself. By doing so, I acknowledge that He is the one I should focus on. ### 2. Stop and Listen for God's Direction In order for us to rebuild our relationship with God, it requires us to stop and listen for His direction. Life can become so busy that we neglect spending time in God's Word and cultivating intimacy with Him. We need spiritual nourishment from that intimacy. Just like little children need guidance from their parents, sometimes we need the Holy Spirit to hold our hand and guide us in the right direction. As Christians, if we want to rebuild our relationship with God, we sometimes have to go back to our child-like mind-set of putting our trust into our Heavenly Father. In the Gospels, Jesus talks about little children in regard to faith and humility, Matthew 18:4-5 says “Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. So let's learn from their example as we seek to reconnect with Jesus. Remember that rebuilding our relationship with God isn't about Him being mad at us or rubbing our faces in our sin. It's about recognizing our pride and admitting when we've screwed up and that we actually want to rekindle our relationship with our heavenly father. Let's be like that week-old puppy—too little to realize what it did wrong—and allow God to train us as we grow older. I hope you find these insights helpful as you seek to rebuild your relationship with God! 🙏 Feel free to leave a comment on how your journey in rebuilding your relationship with God is going.

Comments

  1. This has spoken to me directly because my relationship with God has stumbled. I’ve seemed advice from my dad he told me to go to church but this has spoken to my directly and I think I know what I need to do. Please consider opening your own ministry☺️ #Heartfelt♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?