Entrepreneurial Corner (part 2 - the seed)

'Entrepreneurship has always been there it's just that people feared going on their own hence why it's starting to gain popularity right now' 

Entrepreneurship has always been a norm we as society just chose not to normalize it. I am once again privileged to have met a young driven and ambitious entrepreneur who looks at every opportunity and plans on how to tackle it. I've always said entrepreneurship is within you, the business man/woman lies within you and he/she always comes out to play in your highschool years. Most of us start of by selling sweets, snacks and whatever we feel we could make profit from but most of us don't chase the entrepreneurial us because not only has society chosen not to normalize entrepreneurship but we have also made it seem somehow like taboo for a young person who says they want a business or they have a business venture they want to pursue. Our parents always ask "will that feed you?" "It's not worth chasing it, just get a job" "you don't have time to be chasing that dream of yours just get a job and feed us" can you imagine all your dreams flushed down the drain simply because there's zero support and zero believe in your vision especially by people you thought would have your back. Well unlike most young people who quit and give up on their dreams and business ventures (ventures that bring solutions to everyday life problems) Karin who is a rapper, designer, brand owner and entrepreneur who strives to not only bring solutions with his products and music also strives to bring change by encouraging the next generation, by educating where he can and sharing tips on how they can make it in their respective industries as young entrepreneurs.

I asked Karin a few questions just to get to know him a little bit and also to get some insight on how his making it in the business world and here's what he had to say.

Q: why entrepreneurship?
A: entrepreneurship comes with problem solving and doing what you love. For me it was definitely love at first sight. I do what I love and through that I'm creating a legacy for my children I don't want them struggling the way I did.
Q: what kind of business are you into and why?
A: fashion, i always say before anything I'm a designer. I'm currently in the jewelry space where I'm creating a time piece (watches). These time pieces are first edition, African Royale called Karin. I love fashion that's why I'm into that kind of business.
Q: where do you see yourself in the next 5years?
A: I see myself as one of the biggest designers in the world designing African print. I want to dominate the industry not forgetting to inspire young people who don't believe in themselves, reminding them that even though they come from a disadvantage background they can still make it, African Child! you can still make it.
Q: what gets you up in the morning?
A: honestly my son gets me up every single day I want to leave him a legacy. He motivates me, thinking about him gives me chills and I hustle differently every single day I got to make it a better day every single day.

Through entrepreneurship we could have businesses that solve our daily life problems but it starts with society normalizing it and also you young person it starts with you falling in love with what you doing, it's not just about solving problems but falling in love with the business you are creating that will solve other people's problems. One of the biggest things Karin said that most young entrepreneurs ignore is something called criticism, yep build on criticism. Let other people's past mistakes teach you and don't be ignorant, ignorance breaks you instead of making you.

Again just like I said, entrepreneurship is the new norm question is are you ready for it?

Follow Karin on the socials to be able to get details on how to buy his watch and how to stream his music @Gontsekarin. let the new norm settle in one day at a time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?