Being a young christian (part 1)


Wow where does one even start, I'll start from the beginning. I'm a young christian, I'm a pk( pastor's kid) and also I'm a young person whose just trying to figure themselves out. The hardest thing about being a young christian and pk is the fact that everyone expects perfection from you, I mean they forget the whole point of you being human. There are so many backlashing you get for being a young christian, you get lashed for going out to events(night events, drinking, dancing), for dating young(although they want to see you get married) and you even get lashed for missing church(being a young christian is hard). Growing up I used to feel like I was forced into this christian lifestyle because my great grandfather was a pastor, my grandfather dodged the "bullet" (he lived his own life drinking, smoking and partying "I hope I put that right") so my dad was then "trained" to be a pastor. So I'm stuck between following my grandfather's ways and following my father's ways. I hear most people saying "you don't have to pick you can have both ways half half" well you can only choose one path and follow it. I won't lie it's a struggle to follow one path because of my personality but I can't run away from the fact that I'm chosen (to do what exactly, we shall figure it out as time goes by).

I'm not sure how many of y'all are struggling with being a young christian, struggling with decision making because you don't want to be judged by your elders at church and by other young people who are living the "perfect" life, struggling with relationships "dating the right way", choosing the right career. Well in the next coming weeks I'll be sharing my journey; I'll be sharing how I do relationships, how my career path is growing me as a young christian and how it's growing the kingdom I'm praying it helps you become an honest christian not perfect but honest. I'm praying it helps you in your journey and that you learn something about yourself and grow to being a better version of yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?