Being a young christian (part 6 - squad goals)

"show me your friends and I'll tell you your future", "your friends are a representation of who you are so choose wisely who you associate yourself with". I've always known that the friends I keep will either draw me closer to God or pull me away from him. Luckily enough for me when i met my best friend I met her at church and I was so astonished at how well composed she is, how well she speaks of God, how well she is put together and I wanted that for my life I wanted that for myself actually I needed that in my life and so I looked at her and I smiled endlessly. When our pastor said we should hold hands (this was way before covid) and pray I held her hand and I whispered (Father please can you make her my friend I need such stability in my life, she's the perfect match) little did I know that she was whispering the same thing, apparently my loudness, never ending energy and enthusiasm for God pulled her closely to me and she also prayed for me to be her friend and the Father heard our righteous cry and granted us the desires of our hearts and here we are almost 3 years of friendship. I didn't expect such friendship I thought it's going to be one of those random friendships where we just hangout and talk about boys, school, life and whatever is trending I didn't think for a second that it would be an intense friendship where when we hangout we eat (we are always eating), we talk (serious talk), we pray together (like we have worship sessions where we just get into God's presences just to thank him for who he is in our lives), meet each others family (even attend each other's family gathering events), encourage each other (future wise we have big plans so we encourage and support each other), motivate each other academically and yes make sure we are thriving in that department and yes we do talk about boys I mean we are young beautiful ladies so ya we do talk about whether being in a relationship with a certain guy is worth it or not, if that relationship will honour God or not, if that relationship will grow us individually as a person or not and if not then it's not worth it.

I've never experienced anything like that before I've never had a friendship like that, it's overwhelming in a good way I won't lie but yet again just like any relationship it teaches you a few things I've learnt a few things like forgiveness (you don't forgive once and expect everything to be all rosey again but consistently forgive), commitment (you wake up every morning and choose to commit to the same friend even though it feels like you don't want to but you do it anyway), selflessness (it's so easy for me to always put myself first and my best friend Warona taught me that this is a partnership, sometimes "me" "I" doesn't work especially when having a conflict), arguing doesn't mean break up (we have the most arguments and it's funny because every time we argued we would tell people we are breaking up and people would look at us and laugh because they knew in no time we would hang out again).

I've never been closer to God like I am when I have this beautiful princess in my life. For the fact that I am a difficult person and she has always chose to commit and commit over and over again I am very grateful and I appreciate her very much I now see through her that indeed God's love is patient, it's kind, it doesn't boast. She is a true representation of God's love. I don't know how you choose your friends, I don't know if they are pulling you closer to God or if they are pulling you away, I also don't know what kind of friend/s you are looking for but what I do know is that the friends we keep are a representation of who we are and sometimes we keep "ratchet friends" and claim to be not ratchet. Remember that friends have a big influence over you so you don't want to be keeping friends that are stressing you, friends that are drawing you out of purpose, friends that don't speak life over you. Always choose wisely.

I pray you may meet your best friend that God has created for you I also pray that you and your best friend may commit to each other daily, commit every single day and learn the basics of God's love, may you guys be patient towards each other, support and encourage each other always.

NB: the friends we choose play a vital role in our lives so choose wisely.

You can also follow me on the socials 
FB: Abigail Radebe
IG: @AbigailRadebe
Twitter: @AbigailRadebe

Comments

  1. I love you Abby! You got me crying after reading this! You've been as well a blessing in my life,more than, you ever know! God bless you girl!♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?