Being a female leader (part 1 - the beginning)

An average female compares herself 90% of the time to other women and the other 10% is covered by self motivation/confidence and peer motivation/encouragement. I fall under that 90%, I grew up very shy and very well put together I didn't feel the need to always be out there (i felt like what I had to say wasn't worth hearing so I kept to myself) and that affected my leadership roles. Half the time I was elected to lead something I always feared failing in that role so I would back out as soon as I could, I rather sit behind the scenes and coach the leader (even though that made me angry I felt my efforts weren't recognized) I wanted to be in front but I feared being in front, I prefered the back but I complianed when I wasn't seen in the background- I clearly do not know what I want.

Being a female leader is hard. Your gender already puts you in the minority, when ever you speak you are either belittled or told "we hear you but you are a woman you won't understand" I hate that like it's very frustrating to always be told "you don't understand" even if you coming up with the smartest solution you'll still fall in the minority. I've been very privileged to have gotten the chance to lead in every "department" (spiritually, politically and so forth).

In the coming weeks I'll be sharing my journey as a female leader, the challenges I've faced, the solutions I've tried to come up with, females that stood by me (most people would argue females don't support each other, this is a "agree to disagree" statement. I feel to be the best female leader you need females backing you in order to succeed. So I've taken this time to share tips, ideas and to appreciate my female supporters.

'It takes an honest female who has a teachable spirit to build a nation' are you building the nation or tearing it down?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?