Being a female leader (part 3 - Reflect don't compete)

The scariest thing is having a reflection of you in a friend version like everything you do she also does it. From how you handle pressure, being overwhelmed, work ethics and how you do relationships. I don't think anyone ever anticipates having a reflection of themselves in a friend, imagine how creepy it would be if the person you close to already knows and understands how you going to react to whatever that you going through. I'm honestly grateful for my friends they know me like I know myself, they understand my character and how I behavior.

One of the biggest lessons I learnt ever since I started leading is that reflecting is better than competing. Sometimes we females hate reflecting especially if the criticism comes from another female. My best friend whom has the same ethics as me has taught me that when she advices me to do things (in a certain way that will bring growth) she's not trying to bring me down but instead she's helping me to be a better version of me.

 Being a female leader will always be challenging especially if you think your inner circle (people whom you have brought close to you simply because you see their worth in your life- growth will be multipled) is bringing you down instead of helping you up. Kea is a go getter, she doesn't stop at one thing. She does so many things (even though those things overwhelm her) she doesn't stop at nothing she keeps going and I think that's why me and her have this strong relationship where we are able to be there for one another, we are able to help each other up but most importantly we are able to talk about things we both don't want to hear (at that time it just seems like she's against me so I choose not to hear it). 

I know most females want to dominate and make it in whatever industry they in but I want to tell you that the best way to do it is by reflecting and not competing. One thing I learnt is sometimes the very same female you feel intimidated by is actually looking at you and wondering to herself how can she ask you a few questions on how you keep going, how you keep excelling and how you are so well put together but she can't because you are competing instead of reflecting. 'together we stand divided we fall' that statement simply means if females could stand together we would achieve so much. Can I quickly share with you my deepest secret? (Kea, my best friend intimidates me) when I met her I hated her because I saw myself in her 'a go getter' so I chose to compete (oh my word that was a lot of work I couldn't keep up, I was trying to do what she did but better and guess what...I failed! After realizing I failed I brought her closer to my circle just so that I could learn a few things from her) another thing I learnt is that I am not Kea I am my own person and I do better actually I do best when I do what I'm good at just like Kea she does best when she does what she's good at. Choose to reflect instead of competing.


Comments

  1. Bestie❤️... I normally read your blog when I'm in bed but this one gave me goosebumps, not because it's about our sisterhood but only because I hope your readers get to see that not every girl is malicious and there are still young ladies who can be friends and not be malicious to one another or be friends because they have a common enemy... I love you my babe and I can't wait to see you after this lock down

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?