Dear Boy Child

Dear future boy child, I dream about having you every single day, I dream about holding you, I dream about sitting down with you and teaching you a few things about being a gentleman and all but I'm not sure if you will be like those guys that kill and hurt females, I'm not sure if you will be like those guys that sit in silence and don't do anything to end such bad behavior. I'm writing this to tell you that one day I'm going to be your mom, I'm going to be that woman that will be proud of every milestone you reach but again I could be that woman that sits and wonders what are you doing out there what kind of person are you when I'm not watching. I'm hoping and praying that you won't turn out to be like those guys that when they walk they make females fear for their lives. I'm praying that your future girlfriend (who will later be your wife) won't be scared of you, I pray she won't settle down for abuse coming from you simply because she's scared of leaving you because people will judge her. I pray her independence won't intimate you to a point where you raise your hand to her. I pray you remember that a woman is your equal she's not someone whose beneath you, someone who you are superior to.

I'm praying for you future son but most of all I'm praying for your father more, I'm praying that my future husband whose going to be your father won't doesn't raise his hand to me, I'm praying that my independence doesn't intimidate him, I'm praying that his actions and behavior towards me doesn't make me grow fear towards him. I also pray that he teaches you to be a good gentleman because his actions are the ones that will have a greater impact on your behavior.

I've grown fear towards males, I've grown fear towards any man that walks behind me, I've grown fear towards any man that raises his voice when his talking to me, it scares me and I always wonder to myself what if he hurts me? What if I can't stop him? This fear is growing every single day and I'm praying for my future husband and my future son to lower down the fear towards me and other females that they will come in contact with.

Remember GBV is a pandemic and it starts with you small actions have a huge impact.

#stopgbv
#protectourfemales

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do I crave a relationship so badly?

How can I grow my connection with God?

How do I stop being so available?